Monday, March 3, 2008

Remix reviewed

The remix project was an enjoyable undertaking for me. Mixing many audio tracks of a great Robert Frost poem into one reading really gave me new insight into the poem. Creating this project was a perfect example of how many people can take so many different meanings from a singular piece of text. The audio tracks all represented the reader's feelings about the poem, and when they were all put together it really came together as a leveled piece of audio poetry.

Owen's piece with the inserted text and subtitles was very clever and humorous. It really gave me a chance to look at a classic piece of film and text and see the way new media can bring a fresh look into it. Also I'm not sure if other people had the same experience, but for me seeing/hearing the new voices made me wonder what the original recording sounded like. It did a great job of entertaining me and increasing my interest in the original production.

No comments: